There are three types of grills on the market.
- Propane gas grills which use propane tanks.
- Natural gas grills which use gas piped in from your house.
- CAUTION: These two types of grills are not interchangeable. Make sure all fittings are tight, and there is adequate ventilation.
- Charcoal grills which use charcoal briquettes and lighter fluid.
Ten Safety Tips
- Read all instructions before using your grill. Note safety, operation and handling instructions.
- Clean grill thoroughly before and after using. This is to avoid grease build up that can cause flare-ups and/or fire. NEVER put lighter fluid directly on flames!
- Keep all grilling activities away from buildings, houses and garages.
- Use all grills outdoors. Never grill inside houses, garages or on wooden porches.
- Store all lighting fluids away from children.
- Have a multipurpose A-B-C fire extinguisher, a garden hose, bucket of water or sand nearby.
- Keep all children and pets away from grilling area (at least 5 feet in all directions).
- Never leave cooking unattended.
- Use proper grilling utensils for safe handling.
- Use only fluids recommended for charcoal grilling, and dispose of charcoal properly in a metal container dowsed with water. Check cooking area for proper extinguishment.